Sophomore Camilo Eifler, a former four-star linebacker from Berkeley, Calif., announced Tuesday his intention to transfer from the Washington football program.
“First off I would like to take this opportunity to thank Coach Pete, Coack K, and the rest of the coaching staff, My Brothers on the team, and Husky Nation for the support and love I’ve received while being a part of this amazing football program,” Eifler wrote on Twitter. “After talks with my family, I have decided it is best that I leave UW and open my recruitment back up. Please respect me and my families (sic) decision.”
Eifler, at 6-feet-1 and 225 pounds, tantalized with his raw athleticism and impressive physique. He appeared in all 13 games for UW as a redshirt freshman in 2017, mostly playing on special teams, posting six tackles.>
Eifler played for UW legend Napoleon Kaufman at Bishop O’Dowd High in Oakland, and was recruited to UW as an outside linebacker.
Most Read Sports Stories
- >After fantastic catch, Mariners' Mitch Haniger offers fans some advice when players leap into the seats
- >Analysis: Five questions needing answers as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- >Earl Thomas stays away from opening of Seahawks' OTAs as Bobby Wagner lets him know he's wanted
- >Federal Way’s Ariana Kukors Smith says in lawsuit that USA Swimming covered up alleged sexual abuse by coach
- >Washington lands 7-foot-4 prospect from Richland, Riley Sorn
But he never quite lived up to his recruiting profile, and there was no clear path for him to vault into the two-deep in 2018, either. He was the third-string strongside linebacker for most of the spring, behind sophomores Amandre Williams and Myles Rice.
— Milo (@_miloeifler) May 15, 2018
Source : https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/linebacker-camilo-eifler-announces-transfer-from-washington/