You’ve cut the cord. You’ve bought yourself a streaming media player like the Fire TV Stick or a Roku. You’ve picked up a good OTA antenna so you can get network TV in Full HD for free. But what about your DVR? How do you record live TV or schedule recordings now that your cable box is gone? Meet the Mediasonic Homeworx HW180STB DVR, which is the last piece of the cord-cutting puzzle. It lets you record live TV while you’re watching, or you can schedule recordings just like you can with a DVR from your cable company.
Here’s what you need to know from the product page:
- Receive Over-The-Air Digital Broadcast to your Analog and Digital TV, Projector, and Computer Monitor. Antenna Out Analog Pass Through, Favorite Channel List, Parental Control Function,USB Multimedia Player Function.
- Auto Tuning, HDMI 1080P Output / Composite Out / Coaxial Output, Closed Caption,Real-Time recording & Programmed Time Recording, Auto, 16:9 Pillar Box, 16:9 Pan G Scan, 4:3 Letter Box, 4:3 Pan G Scan, 4:3 Full, 16:9 Wide Screen. Timing Start Up & Shut Down.
- Recording require user to connect a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 2.5″ / 3.5″ External Hard Drive via USB (Up to 2TB).
- **PLEASE NOTE**:This converter box is designed to receive Over-The-Air signal, and it is not a replacement of cable box. External Antenna is required to connect to this converter box in order to receive signal. This product does NOT Work with TIVO and cable company such as Comcast, DirecTV, DISH Network, Time Warner Cable, etc. In general, this product does NOT work with encrypted cable signal
Mediasonic Homeworx HW180STB 3 / 4 Channel HDTV Digital Converter…: Price too low to display
It’s important to note that this DVR doesn’t have a hard drive, so you’ll need external storage. Any external hard drive or USB Flash drive you already have will suffice, or you can check out our recommendations:
BGR Top Deals:
- If you upgraded from an old iPhone to an iPhone X or 8, get this $13 accessory
- Today’s best deals: 128GB microSD card, Fitbit, Sonos speakers, Philips Hue, $25 Alexa speaker, more
Trending Right Now:
- After years of copying the iPhone, Samsung’s Galaxy S9 will finally copy Apple’s smartest strategy
- SpaceX forced to push back launch of used rocket after finding dirt
- Costco teamed up with MoviePass to get you an absurdly cheap cinema subscription
Source : https://finance.yahoo.com/news/now-cut-cord-without-losing-live-tv-dvr-161852494.html