TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) --
TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) --Smoking is to blame for injuring two people in a Topeka apartment fire.
Topeka firefighters were called to a fire in an apartment at 238 SW Gage Boulevard just before 2 p.m. Sunday.
When they arrived fire crews saw smoke coming from a first floor apartment. They were able to quickly extinguish the fire and keep it contained to the apartment of origin.
Rescue crews performed a search to make sure no one was inside. Two people evacuated on their own and were transported to the hospital for minor injuries. The American Red Cross is assisting them in their recovery process.
Fire officials say the flames started from a recliner chair.
The estimated loss is $10,000.
Radiuniverse Samsung S9 For Free
Source : http://www.wibw.com/content/news/Two-injured-in-Topeka-apartment-fire-487617111.html