James Guillory-USA TODAY Sports
The Hurricanes take on the dominant Tampa Bay Lightning tonight in enemy territory as they look to reclaim the Wild Card 2 spot from the Pittsburgh Penguins.
The Carolina Hurricanes take on the league best Tampa Bay Lightning looking to bounce back after one of their worst games of the year last weekend in Boston. Last time a lopsided loss was the catalyst for a four-game winning streak; could history repeat itself?
- The Hurricanes lead all-time series against Tampa Bay with a 51-48-19-1 record, including a 20-28-10 record in Florida.
- Tonight marks the second of three games between the former division rivals; the first came on October 24th when the Lightning dominated by a score of 5-1. The last game in the series will also be the Canes’ last game in the regular season, coming on April 7th in PNC Arena.
- Sebastian Aho left Saturday night’s 7-1 routing in Boston after entangling his skate with a Bruin and twisting his right leg awkwardly in what looked like it could be a serious leg injury. While he did not return to the game, he was declared to be day-to-day by the team and participated in a normal practice routine yesterday.
- The Hurricanes take on the league’s best team tonight in a game of consequence. The Penguins have overtaken the Canes in the WC2 playoff spot with 47 points, but picking up a point or two tonight would vault the Canes back over Pittsburgh.
- The 2018 World Junior Championship has drawn to an entertaining close — here are some takeaways. [The Athletic ($)]
- Which NHL players are most deserving to walk the red carpet at the All-Star game? [ESPN]
- The NHL is currently uneven with 31 teams total. How would the league realign if Seattle received an expansion bid? [ESPN]
- The inaugural Hurricanes Bash has been announced. Grab your tickets to benefit a good cause now:
- The Hurricanes alumni game is coming up this Saturday, and parking and admission are completely free:
Source : https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/carolina-hurricanes-vs-tampa-bay-lightning-game-preview-and-storm-advisory/ar-BBI9Bz3